The Transformations of the Hulk (also known as "Hulk-outs") are one of the main features of stories dealing with the Hulk. They are found in the comics, movies, or one of his television series. They can also be found in special appearances like in TV commercials or spoofs and parodies.
Transformations in TV series (1970s–'80s) Edit
In the television series The Incredible Hulk, when Dr. David Banner's eyes turn greenish-white (see photo), Banner begins his metamorphosis into the Hulk (which almost always happens twice per episode). During this metamorphosis Banner's shirt is torn open. Often, his shirt splits open along his back. Accompanying Banner's torn shirt is often torn shoes, and ripped pants. Usually, during the metamorphosis, half of Banner's pants is torn off, with the other have left remaining. Then when the transformation is complete, the Hulk sometimes removes the ripped shirt, and aggressively thrusts it at the ground.
Bruce Banner trips over a bucket, as he stumbles down the hallway. He continues to stumble down the hallway using the wall for support after growing frustration. His eyes begin to turn green and he starts to scream. His watch then pops off and stumbles onto the opposite wall. His back pants pocket rips, and his wallet falls out landing by his left shoe. Bruce's feet begin to grow wider and stretch his shoes and then they enlarge in length, tearing the shoe and lower pants and exposing his toes. He then stomps his right overgrown foot on the ground and his ankles widen. He tries to walk while his entire body is growing and his torso becomes so large that he tears his shirt and turns into the hulk.
- See video (right)
- Banner turns green, his head widens a little bit, his muscles begin growing also.
- His shirt sleeves rip off.
- His shirt rips off as his pants rip off, showing his underwear.
4. A minute later he gets out of the house and continues to transform, and gets even bigger and his socks rip off.
Transformation 3: Edit
Bruce Banner wakes up inside a water tank from a nightmare , triggering his transformation.
- His eyes and face start to turn Green.
- All of his skin has turned green.
- His body and muscle are growing. his mask pops off and the1.n the straps on his legs,body, and arms rip.
- He becomes so big he bursts out of the water tank.
Transformation 4: Edit
1. His eyes and face turn green.
2. One of his arms breaks free from Handcuffs.
3. His body grows, causing his shirt to break and shred.
Transformation 5 (End Scene): Edit
- We see Banners eyes turn green, and his pupils shrink.
- The camera turn above his head, then it zooms out above the rainforest.
- We see the screen fade to green and hear the hulk roar.
Television Commercials Edit
In this TV commercial, there is a scene of a man transforming into a hulk-like creature. It is a somewhat similar to the first transformation in the 2003 Hulk film. In the beginning of the commercial, the man begins looking in the mirror, and after a few seconds, his head and eyes start turning green. Then he starts screaming. His watch pops off as his arms become green and enlarge. After running into his living room, his body becomes gargantuan and green. His body becomes so huge that his shirt is torn off. Afterwards, his legs and feet rapidly increase in size. As a result of this, his pants and shoes are split open. All that is left remaining is a large, powerful and intimidating naked hulking-creature.
In a Tylenol commercial, a man on a computer starts transforming into the Hulk as the spokesperson narrates. He destroys his computer and keyboard.
In a Fruitella commercial, a man in an office makes a similar transformation to the one in the 1970s show, but he turns red, then he goes to the middle of the office and roars.
In the 1980s TV show The Young Ones, there is one episode where Neil gets angry at the fact that no one likes him. At that point, he, you guessed it, turns into the hulk and beats everyone up. By the next few seconds he is normal again.